This ultra-challenging event will be happening on March 4-5, 2017 at Dalupirip, Itogon.
This will be the first challenging races for 2017 organized by the Cordillera Conservation, which is including the very first Kiddie Trail Run for Children aged 5-18 years old. The Kiddie Trail Run will be a 4-kilometer gently sloping trail by the Agno River that will be safe for kids with a short hop across a hanging bridge for some adrenaline pumping adventure for the young ones.
Categories for the Kiddie Trail Run:
- 5-8 years old
- 8-12 years old
- 12-15 years old
- 15-18 years old
- Trail Virgins: 18 years old and above
Prices for the different categories are as follows:
- 50k Cordillera Mountain Ultra (Filipino registrants): Php 3,500.00
- 50k Cordillera Mountain Ultra (Non-Filipino registrants): US$ 90.00
- 21k Mountain Run: (Filipino Registrants):Php 2,200.00
- 21k Mountain Run: (Non- Filipino Registrants): US$ 55.00
- Vertical KM (Filipino registrants): Php 1,300.00
- Vertical KM (Non-Filipino registrants): US$ 35.00
- Kiddie Trail Run: (Filipino and Non-Filipino): Php 800.00
A duly accomplished medical certificate is required for the race.
For those applying for UTMB points, the Cordillera Mountain Ultra 50-kilometer race is a qualifying race for 2017 with an equivalent three UTMB points. The points are credited automatically to your name after the race.
Cutoff times for the different categories are as follows:
- STARTING TIME: 4:00 AM, March 5: 50k: Cutoff time is 13 hours or 5:00 PM
- Intermediate Cut off: Oling Village KM15 D+1100m: 4 hours (8:00 AM)
- STARTING TIME: 5:30 AM, March 5: 21k: Cutoff time: 8 hours
- STARTING TIME 6:00 AM, March 4: VK: Cutoff time 2.5 hours or 8:30 AM
- STARTING TIME: KIDDIE RUN: 7:00 AM: March 5: CUT OFF TIME: 3 Hours
There will be mandatory requirements for this ultra-race. Please take note of the following:
- The organizers will be having a random checking at an unspecified aid station. Any runner caught without one of the mandatory requirements will be automatically disqualified. They will also be checking the bags of the top three runners once they cross the finish line.
- First requirement is a fully- charged working mobile phone containing the number of the RD +639997278217. It is required that the mobile phone is on at all times during the duration of the race.
- A headlamp and/or flashlight with battery power that will last for at least 8 hours are also required. Runners will not be allowed to continue unless this piece of gear is produced for their own safety. (Not required for 21k but recommended)
- You should bring also a water carrier (bladder, hand-held bottles, etc.) with volume of at least 500ml for VK and 1,000ml for 50kms and 21kms.
- A whistle is also required.
- A rain jacket is also required.
- You should bring food with 1,500-2,000 calories for those running the 50k and 500 calories for VK.
- At least Php 1,000.00 for emergency transport from Domolpos or Tinungdan via motorbike
- ***Failure to provide any of the above equipment will be grounds for disqualification
Below are some recommended items, which are not required recommended to bring during the race:
- First Aid Kit
- Emergency Blanket
- Hydration tablets like NUUN or Tailwind
- Anti-cramp spray
- Anti-blister plasters like moleskins
- Visor or hat
Check out the Cordillera Mountain Ultra 2017 website for details regarding the registration.